Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Evolution -- the Propetual Motion Machine
Basically, the argument is like this:
- The search space for finding a beneficial set of mutations for a changed environment is very, very huge
- Bernoulli's principle of insufficient reason states that without knowledge, all changes are on an equal playing field, thus the changes must be a blind search
- Blind search even in a small search space with a small target is impossible (i.e. only 500 bits)
- Therefore, in order to actually achieve success, one must use information to structure the search space to get results quicker
- However, if the search space is optimized for certain sets of problems, it will be unoptimized for others. Search optimizations require problem-specific knowledge to work at all
- Therefore, evolution cannot occur unless organisms have been designed with optimizations to find relevant solutions
Darwinists see evolution as some sort of magical problem-solving device. It violates all laws of probability and optimization, yet somehow people still cling to it, because, since they know God doesn't exist, it must be true!
Using a different approach, I have written a short article on the algorithmic issues that make evolution impossible.
Davison, J.A., 2004. "Is evolution finished? Rivista di Biologia 97: 111-116.
Davison, J.A., 1998. "Evolution as a self-limiting process." Rivista di Biologia 91: 199-220.
Furthermore, when it did occur it most certainly did not progress through Darwinian means. To blindly assume otherwise is without foundation.
"It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever for believing it to be true."
"Everything is determined...by forces over which we have no control."
What about crosses between genuses? What is the taxonomic status of, say, a Liger or a Tigon?
The tiger and the lion are both in the Genus Felis and their hibrid progeny is, as I understand it, sterile which means that they qualify as true species. Sterility can hardly be considered progressive evolution. I have repeatedly requested an example of true speciation in action and never received a satisfactory response. I also have repeatedly asked for a mammalian species younger than Homo sapiens and also received no response. It should surprise no one that I am convinced evolution is finished. So were Julian Huxley, Robert Broom and Pierre Grasse. People believe what they want to believe. It is as simple as that.